Sign Up for Sports World News’ Newsletter and never miss out on our most popular stories.
Ryan Garcia already knows who he wants for his next fight. Manny Pacquiao is reserved for KingRy, but Manny says it’s not his priority right now. (Photo : Tim Warner/Getty Images)
Ryan Garcia likes the idea of pushing his dream fight with Manny Pacquiao.
KingRy hints at his next possible fight
According to Sports Illustrated, Ryan Garcia posted on social media a pound-for-pound poster of him and Manny Pacquiao in the ring. It was confirmed by the WBC interim lightweight champion that facing Pacquiao in his next fight is near to possibility.
It may appear to be a promotional teaser all ready for a big fight between the American boxer and the Filipino legend, but it is still not official yet. On Sunday morning, Mike Coppinger of the Athletic said that the two camps are still in discussions about the likelihood of the bout happening.
Garcia said that it is a dream which turned into a reality. He added that he is honored to fight with Manny Pacquiao and always put big respect to the things that he did inside and outside boxing.
If KingRy will be granted for this one-of-a-lifetime fight with Pacquiao, this could be his stepping stone to quick fame. The 22-year-old just returned to his lightweight title bout against Luke Campbell, where he was declared the winner.
However, Pacquiao’s representatives said that boxing could be sidelined in the meantime, especially when the threat of the COVID-19 pandemic is still ongoing.
“Honestly, right now, boxing is not his priority. Senator Pacquiao’s fight right now is heavier… It’s the battle of every Filipino, and that’s where he is focused right now- how to help Filipinos from the COVID pandemic,” Pacquiao’s camp told the CNN.
It is possible that Garcia staged his desired fight with the ‘People’s Champ’ when Connor McGregor, another challenger that is lined up for Pacquiao, has already been ruled out for the challenge after a big loss to Dustin Poirier.
According to SB Nation Bad Left Hook, Pacquiao’s social media remained silent regarding the possibility of the fight. If there is someone that is deserving of a chance to fight the Filipino boxing legend, it could be Errol Spence who bore the loudest news to the world of boxing.
With the disappointing defeat of McGregor, who is Pacquiao’s most preferred opponent, it all boils down to Spence who is more pumped in the challenge. McGregor’s value has diminished, and Spence put the Filipino senator on notice to be his next opponent.
After watching Spence beat Danny “Swift” Garcia, Pacquiao commented that Spence was slower than Keith Thurman, whom he beat in July 2019. However, Thurman warned the 42-year-old old eight-division world champion to stop slacking with Spence’s sluggishness.
Pacquiao currently sits on a 62-7-2 record while Ryan Garcia remains undefeated at 21-0. The current unified welterweight world champion, Spence, meanwhile could potentially face Shawn Porter if he will not settle with Manny.
Previously, Garcia told that he will not fight Gervonta Davis now, as he eyed for a bigger name in boxing. It is possible for Garcia to fight Davis, only if he is finished with the ‘bigger’ player that he desired.
It will be a long way to go for a possible pay-per-view fight of the year for KingRy and Pacman, but the fans will love the fight more if it is an exhibition match – no bearing in titles and just showmanship of skills.
READ MORE ON SWN:
© 2018 Sportsworldnews.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.